Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save HumanityThe Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save Humanity by Andy Andrews

My rating: 2 of 5 stars




David Ponder is an ordinary old man who is summoned by the archangel Gabriel to lead a meeting.



“With a serious nod, Gabriel began:

- You are at a turning point, he said

- You, the human race, are balanced on a precipice, and He is not pleased. … now the Travelers are being convened with an opportunity to avoid what seems to me, the inevitable.” (page 32-3)



The most influential leaders of the past history are gathered around a table to discuss ‘the one principle that will save humanity.’



“What does humanity need to do, individually and collectively, to restore itself to the pathway to ward successful civilization?” (page 71)



The Travelers in charge for the Answer are: Winston Churchill, Joan of Arc, Abraham Lincoln, Eric Erickson, King David, George Washington Carver, and Joshua Chamberlain.



The Final Summit is my first reading of Andy Andrews, so my opinions about this book could be incomplete.



I was disappointed since the start of the book because, although the ingredients were ‘high level’, the result is poor.

Reading the praise for The Final Summit, I was expecting a story stuffed with ideas, suggestions, and quotations from historical characters.

I was also expecting a bit of fantasy.



The style of the book suggests the idea kind of brainstorming meeting for insurances’ sellers, so motivational purposes are far from this book. The final answer ‘that will save humanity’ seems hanging over there, and so …

It is not just double-entry accounting.



I advise to reread hagiographies books, where ‘examples’ and suggestions comes from real life.



Booksneeze has provided me with an Arc of this book.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment