Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

CoralineCoraline by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

'"Stay here with us," said the voice from the figure at the end of the room.
"We will listen to you and play with you and laugh with you. Your other mother will build whole worlds for you to explore, and tear them down every night when you are done. Every day will be better and brighter than the one that went before. Remember the toy box? How much better would a world be built just like that, and all for you?"' (page 119)

...

'Coraline sighed. "You really don't understand, do you?" she said. "I don't want whatever I want. Nobody does. Not really. What kind of fun would it be if I just got everything I ever wanted? Just like that, and it didn't mean anything. What then?"' (page 120)

'"Cats don't have names," it said
"No?" said Coraline .
"No," said the cat. "Now, you people have names. That's because you don't know who you are. We know who we are, so we don't need names." (page 37)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment