Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hear the Wind SingHear the Wind Sing by Haruki Murakami
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

‘Sometimes, when I’d be killing time by reading a book, he’d peek at me curiously like a fly looking at a flyswatter.
- Why do you read books?
- Why do you drink beer?’ (page 9)

‘Whenever I look at the ocean, I always want to talk to people, but when I’m talking to people, I always want to look at the ocean. I’m weird like that.’ (page 16)

‘It’d been a long time since I’d felt the scent of summer. The smell of the ocean, the distant steam whistle, feeling the skin of a girl’s hand, the lemon scent of her conditioner, the evening wind, faint hopes, summer dreams …’ (page 70)

‘This pass us by. Nobody can catch them. That’s the way we live our lives.’ (page 77)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment